2013 Toss Up
Two alliances – one “red” and one “blue” – composed of two teams each, compete in matches consisting of a fifteen second autonomous period followed by one minute and forty-five seconds of driver controlled play. The object of the game is to attain a higher score than the opposing alliance by scoring your colored BuckyBalls and large balls into the Middle Zone and Goal Zone, by stashing your colored BuckyBalls and Large Balls into the goals, and by hanging or hanging With a ball, at various heights, off your colored Bar at the end of the match.
Scoring is allotted as follows:
- Each BuckyBall Scored in the Middle Zone - 1 point
- Each Large Ball Scored in the Middle Zone - 1 point
- Each BuckyBall Scored in the Goal Zone - 2 points
- Each Large Ball Scored in the Goal Zone - 5 points
- Each BuckyBall Stashed in a Goal - 5 points
- Each Large Ball Stashed in a Goal - 10 points
- Each Robot that is Low Hanging - 5 points
- Each Robot that is High Hanging - 10 points
- Each Robot that is Hanging With A Ball - 10 points + Hanging pts
- Alliance with the most points at the end of autonomous - 10 points
VEX Toss Up is played on a 12’x12’ square field. There are a total of twenty (20) BuckyBalls and eight (8) Large Balls available as Scoring Objects in the game. Most Scoring Objects begin in designated locations on the field, while some are available to be loaded prior to the Match. Each Robot (smaller than 18”x18”x18” to start) begins a match on one of their Alliance Starting Tiles. There are two (2) scoring Zones and (2) Goals that Alliances can Score Objects into. Alliances also earn points for having Robots of their own color Hanging from their Hanging Bar at the end of the Match. A bonus is awarded to the Alliance that has the most total points at the end of the Autonomous Period.
These are the robots that our team made for this game:
- No robots built yet.