|Member in Year(s)
|2004, 2005, 2006
|Officer Position(s) Held
|President in 2006
| Duke University
Matthew Newcomb was a helpful member of robotics who is known for having old pictures of the team and for being knowledgeable of the team's old website.
Favorite Robotics Quotes
- "Henceforth a sledge hammer shall be known as the precision adjustment tool."
- "Everyone knows the best way to lose weight is to turn the robot upside down, shake vigourously, and throw away anything that falls out."
- "It is not as hard as it looks, but thats probably because we have not tried to build it yet..."
- "Theory guides. Experiment decides."
- "Optimist: The glass is half full. Pessimist: The glass is half empty. Engineer: That glass is twice as large as it needs to be."
- "A scientist discovers that which exists. An engineer creates that which never was." -Theodore von Karman
Favorite Robotics Moments
- Getting picked as the very LAST robot in the alliance selection process to join the #1 Alliance after it seeming that we would not even be selected. We went on to win the Peachtree Regional.
- Watching the kids at Camp Inventions ask SO MANY questions about the robot and it really intrigued them. They wanted to build one of these and be involved with something like that right then.
- Our very first year---wiring up speed controllers to motors and just playing with the software code...we made it move!!